Saturday 6 February 2016

Merilyn Hair Diary - Part 2

Howdy? How you been? It's a while since the last post. I've been postponing this for a while. January got a toll on me chile. I got sick and stayed in bed for the better part of two weeks and got recovering in the last week. Then I got a bad cold in this ending week that is just subsiding. But we got to keep strong. Jesus is alive people. We shall conquer all. Can I get an Amen?

Anyway, I digress. My hair took a back seat for a while but I kept it in bantu knots because I couldn't stand going to the salon. Head scarves are a best friend. That friend that runs to your side at 2am if you need her. In the moment of sickness, I came up with a headscarf style that I'll demonstrate one time.

I didn't do much with my hair but I oiled it every chance I felt strong enough. And the idea about finger combing, genius. I'm loving the fact that no one minds our hair styles that seem uncombed nowadays. Piece of cake for me.
I washed it last Sunday, then didn't oil it and washed it come Monday morning because I was heading to the salon. I know that's bad but I didn't want the salonist washing it or saying it's too 'hard' for braiding.

Good news is I didn't take a whole half hour on blow-dry like I did the previous times I had been to the salon. My hair is tough. I'm yet to know where it ranges in comparison to other people but it takes a while to straighten it.
This time it took a few minutes and I'll give credit to the frequent oiling and finger combing to detangle it. I'm liking the feeling.

To the oils, I'm currently using castor oil, coconut oil, olive oil and nice and lovely avocado oil.

I have braids on for like the next 2-3 weeks so I'll see how it feels after I've removed them. I'm planning on a weekly 'oiling' with the braids on..
I'm also eating as healthy as I can. Diet matters too. And I'm downing at least 2 litres of water a day.

Catch up soon. Now I can get back to the game. January slowed me down but it didn't stop me.

As Always,
@thestylechief

No comments:

Post a Comment